Thursday, November 19, 2009

trooper island
























we recently got the chance to spend a few days at trooper island - one of my all time favorite places! it is an island located in dale hollow lake that is run by the ky. state police. they run week long camps all summer long for kids who would not otherwise be able to afford camp. when i was a kid, it was a boys camp. me and my sisters would go every summer with our dad. imagine us girls on an island full of boys! we loved it. i hadn't been back there in 15 years. it was so wonderful to go back and share it with my husband and kids. the kids had a great time walking along the beach collecting shells. the weather was perfect. it was us and my parents-we had the island to ourselves! we cannot wait to go back!!




1 comment:

  1. Great photos!!! I absolutely love seeing how much the kids have grown. Kaylee's hair is getting so long! Looks like you had a great time. I know how much it must have meant to your dad to get to go back with you and to watch your family now enjoy such a special spot.

    ReplyDelete